Sellers will need to bring the following to the closing:
- State issued driver’s license
- Keys to home and alarm codes/information
- Smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector certifications from local fire department. Your Realtor should assist you with this.
- Signed Deed from you to the buyers. Your attorney should have drafted the Deed.
- Title V Inspection Report for septic system (check if your property has one- If not then don’t worry)
- Evidence of repairs (if applicable)
- Final water/sewer bill and reading (paid) and final oil bill and statement from oil company as to amount remaining in tank. You will need to make the request at least 2 weeks prior to closing.
- Copy of last paid real estate tax bill.
- 6D certificate for condominium unit showing that condo fees are paid up.
- It’s also a nice gesture to give the new buyers the name of your landscaper, septic company, private trash hauler, handyman, etc. I’m sure your workmen will appreciate it also.
Posted on August 6, 2019 at 3:37 pm Anil Aggarwal