NJEDA – The NJ Economic Development Authority’s Initiatives to Support Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 The package of initiatives includes a grant program for small businesses, a zero-interest loan program for mid-size companies, support for private-sector lenders and Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), funding for entrepreneurs, and a variety of resources providing technical support and marketplace information. Click here for FAQs .
NJ BIZ – NJEDA Unveils Picks for Community Lender COVID-10 Business Relief Program – Each program is geared towards small businesses and micro-sized companies, which often have up to 10 employees. Read more.
NJ Realtors – IRS Extends Tax Deadlines
The IRS has issued guidance to grant deadline relief for 1031 like-kind exchanges and opportunity zone investments that are already underway.
· 1031 like-kind exchanges: If the first step has been taken and the deadline falls between April 1 and July 15, the deadline has been extended to July 15
· Opportunity Zones: If an investor who sold a capital asset planned to roll over the gain into an Opportunity Fund and the 180-day deadline to do so falls between April 1 and July 15, 2020, he or she can make the investment as late as July 15
Sole proprietors who pay their taxes quarterly have until July 15 to file their first and second quarter payment.
Last week, the NJ Department of Labor released new guidance for independent contractors applying for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. Read more here.
There are two new guides to help you through the process:
NJ BIZ – NJ Businesses Got More Than $9.5B in PPP Money NJ small businesses nabbed 33,519 of the 1.6 million loans nationwide through the Paycheck Protection Program created by the federal COVID-19 stimulus relief bill. Read more.
NJ BIZ – Report: South Jersey, Shore Likely to Feel COVID-19 Economic Pain Through 2020 Study reports global pandemic could hit large swathes of South Jersey far greater than the Great Recession did over a decade ago, and last through the end of this year. Read more.
Through NAR´s Right Tools, Right Now program, the Center for REALTOR® Development is offering the following discounts.
- Now through May 31, 2020:
- 30% off ALL online courses
- Now through May 31, 2020 – the following online courses are FREE*:
- NAR´s ePRO® Certification Course [FREE]*
- NAR´s ePRO® Day 1/Day 2 Bundle Canadian Edition [FREE]*
- Pricing Strategies: Mastering the CMA (PSA) [FREE]*
- Pricing Strategies: Mastering the CMA (PSA) Canadian Edition [FREE]*
- Real Estate Investing: Build Wealth Representing Investors and Becoming One Yourself [FREE]*
- Now through June 30, 2020 – the following online course is 50% off:
- At Home With Diversity®(AHWD) [50% off]
* Free course discount offered under RTRN program is extended to NAR members only. Non-members of NAR will receive 30% off RTRN courses.
All courses and bundles expire one year from date of purchase.