New jersey State offers programs to support New Jersey workers and families during this challenging time
State offers numerous programs that can support New Jersey workers and families during this challenging time. Connect with the resources below for assistance with work, family, health and other needs. These resources can also be found at myunemployment.nj.gov/morehelp.
FAMILY, FOOD & CHILD CARE
- PREGNANT OR HAVE CHILDREN UP TO AGE 5? You may be eligible for assistance, including nutrition and food help. Dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211 and ask for the Help Me Grow Central Intake Hub in your county.
- WOMEN, INFANTS AND CHILDREN (WIC) nutrition program : wic.nj.gov/participantportal
- AFFORDING GROCERIES: www.NJSNAP.gov | 1-800-687-9512
- CHILD CARE SEARCH AND TUITION SUBSIDIES: www.ChildCareNJ.gov | 1-800-332-9227
For more links to cash assistance and family resources, see myunemployment.nj.gov/morehelp
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR HEALTH INSURANCE: New Jerseyans who received one week of unemployment compensation in 2021 may be eligible for nearly free coverage through the end of the year. For more information, visit getcovered.nj.gov
- AFFORDING HEALTH CARE COVERAGE: www.NJFamilyCare.org | 1-800-701-0710
- COVID-19 VACCINATION: Contact the NJ COVID-19 Vaccine Call Center at 1-855-568-0545 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily, with help in more than 240 languages) or visit covid19.nj.gov/finder to find a vaccination site or schedule an appointment.
For more links to mental health and addiction resources, see myunemployment.nj.gov/morehelp
RENT, HOUSING & UTILITIES
- DCAid: Take a quick two-minute survey to determine if you are eligible for assistance with rent, homelessness support, eviction, home energy and more.
For more links to these programs see myunemployment.nj.gov/morehelp
- SUPPORTS FOR OLDER RESIDENTS: Call 1-877-222-3737
- SERVICES FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES: Call 1-888-285-3036
- DOMESTIC / SEXUAL VIOLENCE SERVICES FOR ALL GENDERS: Visit NJ Department of Children and Families or call 1-800-572-SAFE (Domestic Violence Hotline) or 1-800-601-7200 (Sexual Violence hotline)
- NJ 211 is a statewide information and referral service for a wide variety of health and human services. Search the online resource database at www.nj211.org or dial 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898-211 for live assistance.
Stay up to date with the latest COVID-19 news and updates from the State of New Jersey: covid19.nj.gov